System Builder Basics
Predictology.co System Builder is used to build betting systems and to test their betting profitability in the past. The premise is that if a betting system was profitable in the past, it will continue to be profitable in the future so you can use it to identify the teams to bet on. Predictology System Builder is an advanced tool for the modern punter as it allows complex systems with many parameters may be built and, depending on your membership level, you may test them in multiple leagues and seasons in order to find the one that would have been profitable across the board.
Depending on your membership level, you may only be able to edit the preset systems without saving them, or you may create new ones. In order to create a new system, navigate to the System Builder page, click Create and name your system. After that, start assigning the system parameters by clicking Change in the top right box.
Every system has to have a designated league and season, or more of them, in which the system will be tested for profitability. The system also has to have a designated Bet Type, which is your chosen bet for the matches that will be flagged by the betting system, and a designated Bet Venue, where you have control over which team is expected to fulfill the system parameters – home team, away team, any team, or both at the same time.
Predictology System Builder offers you a plethora of parameters which will be used to find the matches which deserve your bet. They range from the simple sequence search (e.g. betting on teams that are in a winning streak) to the more advanced parameters which take match statistics into account, and asian handicap parameters. This section is the heart of the System Builder.
After the system is built, click Run to initiate the test run across all the chosen leagues and seasons with the system parameters you’ve chosen. The combined result of the tests will display next to your system name, and the breakdown by league and season will be displayed below.
The system type sets up the basis for your system and for all the system parameters you’ll be adding later on. Here you choose what is the bet that you want to place on the matches that have qualified for the system, which leagues and seasons you’ll be running the system in, whether you want to calculate the winnings using maximum or average odds, and last but not least – which team do you expect to fulfill the system parameters.
- To Win – You’re betting that your Selection will win.
- Draw – You’re betting that your Selection will draw.
- To Lose – You’re betting that the opposite side of your Selection will win.
- Over 2.5 – You’re betting on the game to have over 2.5 goals.
- Under 2.5 – You’re betting on the game to have under 2.5 goals.
- Lay Home Win – Equivalent of away win, but the odds are counted as if you were the bookie.
- Lay Draw – Betting that the draw won’t happen; odds are calculated as if you were the bookie.
- Lay Away Win – Betting that the away win won’t happen; odds are calculated as if you were the bookie.
- Asian Handicap Win – Betting that your Selection will cover the asian handicap.
- Asian Handicap Lose – Betting that your Selection will lose the asian handicap.
- Extended Asian Handicap Win – Betting that your Selection will cover the extended asian handicap you’ve chosen.
- Extended Asian Handicap Lose – Betting that your Selection will lose the extended asian handicap you’ve chosen.
- Hosts – Only the hosts of the match will be checked whether they fulfill the system parameters; all your bets will always be on the home team.
- Visitors – Only the visitors will be checked whether they fulfill the system parameters; all your bets will always be on the visiting team.
- Any – Any team that fulfills the parameters will qualify for your bet. In case both teams fulfill the parameters at the same time, there will be a conflict and the match will be marked red.
- Both – Both teams need to fulfill all the parameters you’ve chosen in order for the match to qualify for the bet. Only available for Draw, Over 2.5 and Under 2.5 bets.
In order to allow you to test both the general quality of your system and the maximum profit, there are two possible options for the odds which will be used to calculate your profit: the average of all odds available in our database for your selected bet or the best odds available in our database for your selected bet.
Depending on your membership level, you may have access to England Championship only, to five leagues (Championship, League One, League Two, French Ligue 1 and Portuguese Primeira) or to all leagues. Also, depending on your membership level, you may be able to test your system across multiple leagues and seasons at once, or you may only test one at a time.
For the sake of simplicity, you may only choose the season that covers all your selected leagues. If you chose a total of four leagues, the selected season(s) will apply to all four.
Toggle your desired parameter(s) by clicking the On/Off button next to the parameter and then enter the value in the box. The value may be entered by typing it in, by clicking the – and + signs next to the box, or by clicking inside the box and using the mouse wheel to increase or decrease the value. Click Update at the bottom of the parameter sheet to apply your changes.
Next to each group of parameters there is an option to apply the parameters to the Selection or the Opponent. Selection is the team your Bet Type applies to, and Opponent is the opposite team. For example, you may want your Selection to be in a winning streak and want the Opponent to be in a losing streak in away matches at the same time in order for the match to qualify for your system. The Selection / Opponent toggle therefore allows you to assign individual parameters to both teams playing in a given match.
Looking at uninterrupted sequences of events. “Minimum” means we’re searching for a sequence at least as long as the number, and “Maximum” means we’re searching for a sequence at most as long as the number. Use this parameter to search for sequences across all matches a team plays regardless of the venue, or you may wish to count the home matches only, or the away matches only.
This parameter produces exactly the same results as the Form Filters, except that the wording is inversed; we’re looking for a sequence of absence of a certain event.
This parameter allows you to check the average of scored or conceded goals in that season up to the point of the upcoming match. Check for all goals, or only those scored by your selected team in home or away matches.
Selected leagues only. This parameter allows you to check the extended match statistics such as the average number of shots on target, as well as the conversion ratio through the Goals to Shots Ratio (which percentage of shots ended up as goals) and the Goals to Shots on Target Ratio (which percentage of shots on target ended up as goals) parameters. There is also an additional option which you can use to include the average number of corner kicks into your betting system.
Use this parameter to fine tune your betting selections by setting the minimum or maximum odds your bet is allowed to have. Use the Selection is Asian Favorite parameter to toggle betting on favorites or underdogs. The Selection Asian Handicap Value allows you to only bet on exact values of asian handicaps.
This is an advanced parameter which allows you to search for teams which cover/lose the asian handicaps assigned to them by a certain margin. If the assigned handicap is -1.25 and the team wins by 3 goals, the “supremacy” value for that team in that match is 1.75. You may also search for a team that covers/loses the asian handicaps by some margin in a sequence of matches.